Weather disruption and labour shortages mean global palm oil production is unlikely to stay on trend to hit growth projections of more than 6 million tonnes this year, a leading sector analyst told a …
Apple has announced that it is moving forward with its self-driving car technology after all, and will start production in
Shipping company Hafnia has confirmed that one of its vessels was hit by an unidentified “external source” causing an explosion and subsequent fire onboard while the tanker was discharging in Jeddah.
Sustainable palm oil does not exist because many growers lack transparency, fail to consult indigenous people, and are able to flout environmental rules set by ethical certification schemes, an …
Former President Barack Obama recalled some of his early interactions with now President Donald Trump, before Trump started floating the so-called ‘birther’ conspiracy theory.
The clean-up of a massive oil spill in August from a vessel off Mauritius will likely be mostly completed by January, the bulk carrier’s owner, Japan’s Nagashiki Shipping, said Thursday.
In 2018, Luxembourg-based Bianca Hurduc decided to start a car blog, Arctic Swan, to provide auto news and reviews. But the site needed a twist. Her car reviews are offered in English and French, featuring “inspiring lady drivers with wanderlust” with content “written by a woman for women.”
Confectionery company Mars says it has achieved deforestation-free sources for palm oil, which is a big step for an industry long associated with environmental destruction.
- More than 7,000 extreme weather events recorded since 2000, says UN The Guardian
- Extreme Weather Events Have Increased Significantly in the Last 20 Years Yale Environment 360
- Asia Minute: Regional Extreme Weather Events on the Rise Hawaiipublicradio
- Extreme-weather related disasters jump dramatically: UN Anadolu Agency
- ‘Staggering’ rise in climate emergencies in last 20 years, new disaster research shows UN News
- View Full Coverage on Read More…