These Are Some of the First Pictures of February's Partial Solar Eclipse, As Seen From Antarctica
Officials on Tuesday released some of the first pictures of last month's partial solar eclipse, as seen from Antarctica. The partial solar eclipse, which occurs when the moon only blocks a portion of the sun, graced the skies in Antarctica and parts of …
A Tesla copycat? Certainly not — Exasun was in the solar roof tile business before Tesla. It also has what seems to be a cost-competitive, attractive, high-quality product on offer. I visited the company’s headquarters and factory in Amsterdam last year during a cleantech tour Remco van der Horst arranged for me when I was in town for rEVolution
- TOP QUALITY MATERIALS – This shower bag is made by environmental friendly and leak proof materials. The materials used are safe to human health and make the bag highly durable!
- JUMBO WATER CAPACITY – This jumbo size bag can easily carry up to 10 GALLONS (40Liters) water for showering at remote areas! A nice and refreshing shower anywhere!
- SMART HEAT ABSORBING DESIGN – The SMART black PVC material can efficiently absorb the solar energy to heat up the water inside the bag. It heats water to 113°C (45°C) in 3 hours with direct sunlight.
- TEMPERATURE INDICATOR – There is a temperature indicator (°C/°F) attached onto the bag. No more guessing on water temperature at remote area!
- ADVANCED SHOWER HEAD – This advanced shower head offers an easy ON/OFF switch with LOW to HIGH water flow. Brings you a much better showering experience!
One Set Included
One series of complaints in the wake of Hurricane Irma came from some individuals who had installed solar electric PV systems and then were unable to use the produced solar power when the grid was down.
This week, Nissan announced “Nissan Energy Solar” at the Electric Ecosystem Experience powered by Nissan Intelligent Mobility. “Nissan Energy Solar is the all-in-one solution that combines world-class residential solar panels with energy storage system to make the most of UK homes. The solution has been designed to allow UK homeowners to reduce their energy bills and get more independence from the grid, allowing them to live more sustainably.”
A newly released report from the Wind Energy Foundation (WEF) calls upon transmission planners to take into account the significant renewable energy demand of large non-utility customers, especially from Fortune 500 companies. That’s because big companies are increasingly signing deals to buy wind and solar power, and their large and growing demand for transmission upgrades may exceed existing plans
We’ve partnered with Technica Communications* for a monthly roundup of some of the coolest cleantech press releases in a series we are calling Cleantech in Action. Some of the highlights this month include a gym built entirely from bamboo, solar and storage for cooler schools in Hawaii, and solar flowers
The year just wrapped up here in Europe. Below were the 30 most popular articles of the year here on CleanTechnica. Naturally, despite a slower production ramp than expected and planned, the big cleantech story of the year was the Tesla Model 3. However, no article about that car won the top spot. Surprisingly, the top spot was won by a piece I very quickly put together after almost deciding to go to bed instead. I think there’s really something to that article’s success, and I think Tesla would be wise to consider it — but that’s a discussion for another day
Armenia, with support from the World Bank, is pushing ahead with plans to replace all of its gas-fired and nuclear generating stations with renewable energy sources, especially solar, in coming years. It is all part of its bid to limit the political influence over the country exerted by Russia.
The United States Congress hasn’t yet passed a tax heist reform bill. However, word on the street is that it’s very close. Regarding clean energy tax credits and electric vehicle tax credits that were eliminated in previous versions of the bill, the rumors are that they are no longer going to be eliminated